Custom Search

9/15/2007

Martin Luther King Jr.is getting a Memorial in DC!!!!!


Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds amongst others have made a dedication to the King himself. "I don't think you have a right to say no," says Edmonds. "It's a major event and something that I wouldn't want to miss."


A concert to raise money for a national memorial for Martin Luther King Jr. in Washington, D.C. is underway and so far, about $82 million has been raised for the memorial on the National Mall, where monuments to George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and the troops who died in the Vietnam War stand today.


A sculptor has already been selected for the three-story King structure. Organizers are hoping the concert will help get them closer to their $100 million goal. Tickets for the event range from $150 to $1,000


A host of other performers have the same sentiment as Babyface. Usher, Aretha Franklin, Garth Brooks, Stevie Wonder, Carlos Santana, John Legend and Ludacris are among those scheduled for Tuesday's Sept 18th 2007 concert at Radio City Music Hall.


The King memorial is expected to be up by 2009, situated between the memorials for Presidents Lincoln and Jefferson. WHOOOO!!!! We finally got the King where he belongs!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:40 PM

    Wow. I hope they raise the money because I know DAMN SURE WELL I wouldn't pay to see NONE of the above perform-maybe Carlos Santana but thats it. Luda couldnt even get more than 700 people to pay to see him so his show got the ax. Also this is the only site I've been too talking about the show. On a side note I thought I was a hater but you definitely got me beat. LOL stylerazzi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin